Now, I allow anonymous comments on my blog because sometimes people are afraid to attach their names to their opinions for fear of blacklash. I want people to feel free to speak their minds (in a non-vulgar manner, hence comment moderation) and to be honest on my blog without fear of reprisal. But profile stalker anonymity is more insidious. If you don't want me to know that you've been viewing my profile, you probably have no business viewing it.
In short, a certain fake profile has shown up about 3 or 4 times in my EC history. It was starting to kind of creep me out. So, I got smart and paid a few bucks to become a member with more accessibility features so that I could let this person know that I know he's stalking. My email was as follows:
Dear Profile Stalker,
I have an inkling as to who you might possibly be, but of course I could be entirely and completely wrong. I prefer to err on the side of caution and not assume.
Nevertheless, why do you persist in doing this? If you would like to get to know me and/or keep up with how I'm doing, why do you prefer to do so in an undercover manner? If you know me (and I'm not entirely sure that you do), you know that I wouldn't freak out if you were to drop me and email and say "Hey, this is such and such, my life is yadda yadda yadda, how's yours?" It would be completely harmless, no strings attached, no assumption of anything other than friendly concern. But this anonymous lurking thing, I can't handle, and it kind of creeps me out.
So, if you would be so kind as to a.) Be upfront with your identity or b.) Stop lurking, I would appreciate it.
Cheers,
Chantell
4 comments:
I would lock your profile if I were you. Actually, I did do that to mine. A certain ex-boyfriend wouldn't leave me alone.
Add me on EC!!
dear chantell:
it's not me. i promise.
shana
lol! I will admit though, I highly suspected you. Now I can sleep well tonight, knowing the truth. ;-)
It's not me either.... I'm guilty of profile stalking...but not of people who I like :). Just psycho ex-boyfriend. lol
Post a Comment