I had a dorky Creative Writing instructor in college (on whom, inevitably, I had a pedagogical crush) who would always refer to William Shakespeare as Willie the Shake. That is painfully corny, but at the time I thought it was cute.Anyway, today is my boy's birthday! It dawned on me when I was teaching my middle schoolers how to say today's date in Spanish. Hoy es el veintÃtres de abril. Today is April 23rd. Wait a minute! Isn't it William Shakespeare's birthday? The look my 6th graders gave me said that they couldn't care less. They seemed a little more interested when I told them he also died on his birthday, though. What a birthday present, huh?
So, here's to you, man before your time, brilliant above many, creator of many loved and revered works of literature, the one and only Bard, William Shakespeare. Happy Birthday!
1 comment:
Big up, Willie Shakes!! (my roommates and I used that moniker)
Post a Comment