On Sunday I wrote, "God, let this week be a week of answers."
Sometimes I wish I could hear the audible voice of God. I know someone who told me that once she heard Him call her name. "What did it sound like?" She couldn't put it into words.
Sometimes I think things would be so much easier if we could just have a normal human conversation with Him. Just to be able to ask Him stuff, and He answer directly, distinctly, in an audible, understandable voice. That would be so awesome. But I guess it would also be too easy. Knowing humans, if we were able to communicate so directly with Him, we'd probably start to take His voice for granted. It seems that God doesn't usually just put Himself out there for the taking. Like free mints in the little basket on your way out of Applebee's. He seems to want people to seek Him out.
Sometimes I think we make things too complicated, though. Okay, I make things too complicated. Here I am, willing an answer from Him, when the "answer" is in my hands. If I'd just take the time to read it. Let me back up. We can communicate directly with God. It's called prayer. I went to prayer at church tonight, and before I could leave, I felt led to read the psalm next on my little "read the Bible through in a year" chart (which I never accomplish in a year, but the little charts do help you map your progress regardless of how long it takes). It was Psalm 37. Was it an answer? These verses stuck out to me:
Psa 37:3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; [so] shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Psa 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Psa 37:5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring [it] to pass. Psa 37:6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.Psa 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
It felt like He was saying, "Stop trying to force an answer. Will you take it easy? Trust me. Wait on me. I will bring it to pass. I got you, girl."
Okay, God, I'm sorry. I really am trying to chill. (sigh) And I wait.
1 comment:
A difficult lesson, isn't it? Undoing that knee-jerk reaction we all have to play Chicken Little and not wait on God, then the answer comes and you feel like a heel for doubting Him. Have I ever been there.
Be encouraged, Sister. He has come through for my wife and me so many times. Just be about his business and the rest will fall into place.
Post a Comment