Friday, July 07, 2006

Here's What I Get for Intensely Thinking

I'm already starting to get wrinkles. Not like for real old people wrinkles, but it's a wrinkle or two on my forehead, when I wrinkle up my brow while I'm in intense thought. It's almost like a frown, and when I do it, it looks like the number "11" between my eyebrows, and when I don't do it, there's still a slight wisp of a wrinkle. Grrrr.

I've been trying to get myself to lighten up. Stop brooding and pondering and rehashing everything and trying to figure every detail out, I tell myself. But do I listen? One look at the slight wisp of a wrinkle on my forehead would answer that question.

I think I've found a semi-solution. Anytime I have a negative or uneasy or pensive or regretful or melancholy feeling, I go into that intense thought mode, possibly as sort of a defense mechanism. Like, maybe my subconscious (oh, so Freudian) thinks that going into the mode will block the negative feeling, will protect me from it. But going into the mode is causing me to have wrinkles prematurely, and I won't stand for it. My solution? Just let it happen. If the negative feeling starts to come, I'm going to try not to fight it off, try not to go into emotional denial and take cover in my "mode." I'm just going to accept it and allow myself to feel the hurt until it passes. Ha. Always easier said than done.

Or maybe I should scrap the whole "accepting the hurt" and start saving up for Botox injections. C'mon, a girl's gotta have a backup plan.

No comments: