I used to have this recurring dream that I was flying above the city where I live. It was like everything was spread before me--everything that was familiar to me, but just from an aerial perspective. I can't believe it's been 5 years since I've written this. It doesn't really seem like that very long ago at all.
I have to go far, far away from this place . . .
Away from the world as we know it,
And never come back—ever, ever.
Give me the wings of the morning,
Let me fly
Guided by the light of the dawn,
Floating, soaring in the bliss of flight.
Let me gaze upon the city below and take in the beauty—
Take and share the pain of the people
So that I can reach out.
I want to kiss a star and laugh with the moon.
Let me delve into the deepest parts of the sea,
Uncovering new treasures and unknown wonders.
I have a need to roll in the bare, sacred earth of a wide, open plain,
Each spinning turn eroding layers upon layers,
Stripping away, exposing parts deeper and deeper,
Until there’s nothing
Left but
Me.
September 26, 2000
Away from the world as we know it,
And never come back—ever, ever.
Give me the wings of the morning,
Let me fly
Guided by the light of the dawn,
Floating, soaring in the bliss of flight.
Let me gaze upon the city below and take in the beauty—
Take and share the pain of the people
So that I can reach out.
I want to kiss a star and laugh with the moon.
Let me delve into the deepest parts of the sea,
Uncovering new treasures and unknown wonders.
I have a need to roll in the bare, sacred earth of a wide, open plain,
Each spinning turn eroding layers upon layers,
Stripping away, exposing parts deeper and deeper,
Until there’s nothing
Left but
Me.
September 26, 2000
4 comments:
lovingchild, if you're reading this, go to my profile, click on my email link, and shoot me an email. We're going to have to have a bit of an at-length discussion. :-)
Within the past 5 years You did go from the world as you know it -through different cultures & interpersonal relationships - to Spain, Paris & Portugal but Morocco had to wait - the pain you shared during the Madrid bombings -I don't know if you've kissed anybody famous or not, or if you've done any deep sea diving :0) You're getting ready to "roll" to the IQ forum - So there still seems to be part of this prophetic poem that needs to be fulfilled - In case you didn't recognize - I'm a poem interperter :0)
Just for clarification purposes, "kiss a star" is not referring to a movie star, but a literal star. A burning ball of gas in the sky. Una estrella.
if you kissed an actual star - you would really be "hot lips" :)
Post a Comment