I always make "to do" lists, so it's time for a "have done" list.
Have Done:
1. Submitted a revision of my last chapter of analysis to my adviser. All that's left is a revision of my intro, and then, on to the conclusion. I still have a bit of work to do, but I'm SO CLOSE to finishing. I can't believe it.
2. Made homemade chicken noodle soup. I'm really proud of myself, like, I feel legit. I saved a couple of carcasses from roast chickens P and I had. I picked off the little fragments of meat, put it aside. Broke the carcasses up and browned the bones in some olive oil. Added celery, carrots, onion, thyme, a bit of rosemary, some pepper, 3 quarts of water and let that sucker simmer for an hour and a half. Afterward, I strained the chicken stock, then put it back on to simmer for about 20 mins adding some fresh onions, carrots, celery, and other seasonings to taste. While that was simmering, I boiled just about a cup of dried egg noodles. After that, I added the egg noodles and the meat I set aside, and let it simmer for about 5 more minutes. Ridonculous.
3. Spent the past three Friday mornings praying with my husband for one hour. It started as a prayer chain at our church the first couple of times (you know, individuals or families sign up for an hour), but then we wanted to keep doing it together on our own. I'm the worst with consistent spiritual discipline. I know I am. But when you're doing it with someone else...there's just something very powerful and motivating about it. Setting time aside to pray together has bonded us in ways that nothing else can. I wish we would have started doing this a long time ago, and it's something I really hope we continue to do, in some way, in the future.
1 comment:
#relationshipgoals.
Post a Comment