So, Spring Break is over, I'm back, it's time to hit the grind again.
Sigh.
I am so not ready. Jesus be a motivator.
This is what I really wanted to write about, though: Over the break, my guy got inspired and creative and wrote a gorgeous song for me and about me. He played and sang it for me tonight. I was just overwhelmed and impressed and flattered and grateful. It was beautiful. It was perfect. It brought me to tears.
Sometimes I can't fathom being loved this way. Sometimes it's unbelievable and hard to accept. At times, my inner cynic insists on waving away notions of "meant to be." But what if it truly is?
Can I admit that there is a tiny sliver of me that is terrified?
I want to silence the myriad questions and what ifs that occasionally cloud my daydreams.
Thankfully, I always return to the same fact that I have both doubted and believed: God is in control.
1 comment:
The night before our wedding I was having so many doubts about our relationship, that I actually told my intended that if he wanted out it wasn't too late. I was truly scared spitless! We just celebrated 29 years of marriage. I cannot even begin to tell you how relieved I am all these years later that we both overlooked our fears and doubts about the future and learned to just revel in the moments.
Post a Comment