Today started out as an off the chain day. It ended as an off the chain day. But somehow, I'm still sane.
I struggle with indecisiveness, fickleness, even. I drive myself and those who enter my orbit loco because of it. But in the thick of writing office referrals during my planning period, it hit me like a shaft of light: I'm applying for the Romance Languages doctoral program at a school a state away.
I teetered and tottered between wanting to do it or not. But something made me make up my mind today. I think the reason why God makes us uncomfortable is because He wants to push us on to something else. Being uncomfortable lights a fire under our derrieres to get up and out. Thank God for some kind of clarity. I hope it all works out. It would be a shame if it didn't because this is the last year my GRE scores are valid. I don't want to have to take it again because I don't think I can pull those scores off again. My standardized test game has gotten a little rusty.
I feel like getting down to business. I feel like getting things done. I gotta ride this sucka out.
1 comment:
Yay! I feel a similar discontentment, and I think, "Have I just gotten to the point I can't work at something longer than a semester before needing a change?" Umm-hmm. I'm trying not to despair at this realization but to see it as the sign I was looking for that it is time to move on. The sign I was hoping for, praying for. And now it's here.
I hope you get accepted the the PhD program. I'll be praying you do.
Post a Comment