Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentine's Day Eve

Breathe easy. This is not going to be a rant on how overrated Valentine's Day is.

I am going to be for real, though. I have no great expectations for tomorrow. I'm no Pip. lol.

Look, I've had nice Valentine's Days in the past. In 2006 I got a dozen roses, a box of chocolates and a balloon delivered to my job by a mystery man. In 2007 I got more toned-down gift of a single rose and a box of chocolates and was treated to a fabulous dinner. Even though things didn't work out, I'm still grateful that someone cared enough to want to make me feel special. I know that, based on the way things turned out, I may not have seemed that appreciative, but I really was. I don't take people's regard for me lightly. I don't take people's acts of kindness and affection for granted.

However, based on my track record, I realize that I have not made myself an attractive candidate for anyone to take a chance on. I'm woman enough to own up to it. I know that I have a tendency to throw myself into a position to be given up on. I don't blame a brother for wanting to preserve some time, money and pride.

I always run into the same problem: The people I would love to get attention from don't go there, and the people I'd rather not try to go there often end up doing so. Like I said, I don't blame anyone but myself for my disappointing odds. So, though I'm honestly not expecting a dazzling day tomorrow,
::cough::itwouldstillbeniceifIdid::cough::

I do plan to get into the spirit and be a little love bug who gives treats to other deserving people, though. I dunno, I guess I'm more of an if-you-can't-beat-'em-join-'em kinda gal than a die-hard boycotter.

No comments: