I know that "Women are bad drivers" is a stereotype, but sometimes I think it's the God honest truth. Or maybe I should just speak for myself.
This morning I was, admittedly, in a bit of a rush, and went way over the white line at a stop light. I wasn't sticking out in traffic at all, but being over the white line at the entrance of my apartment complex, as I found out this morning, causes a bit of a quandary when a gignormous school bus is trying to turn in.
Maybe I wasn't all the way awake, maybe I was in that happy place I go to when my mind wanders, but I heard honking, and it took me a minute to realize that the honking was directed at me. The bus driver lady was yelling and waving her arms and it subsequently took me a minute to realize what she wanted me to do. See, I had the window up and NPR blasting, and for some reason, it took me a minute to realize that I should turn the radio down and and lower the window so I could acutally hear her.
"Git beehind the white line! Git beehind the white line!" Oh, oops. My bad. I rolled on back--thank God no one else was behind me--and she was finally able to turn in without broadsiding my car. On her way past, she stopped to give me a little piece of her bus driving mind. "You need to stay behind the white line! This big ol' bus gonna knock yo' little car over!" I peered up at her through my sunglasses. I was humbled. Speechless. She might have even thought I didn't speak English or something.
By golly, I'm never going over the white line again!
2 comments:
it's ok. i've ran out of gas on major highways twice this week. Maybe the smarter the girl, the smaller her "automobile-savvy- quotient"? It's what I tell myself anyway.
That is hilarious! I'm totally going to use that excuse next time.
Post a Comment