I received a flattering shout-out via a letter to the editor in none other than my fave webzine of all time, ninetyandnine.com. The author of this letter? Well, a fellow IQ Forum attendee from my little St. Louis excursion last month. Check it out here.
His letter is the very first in the lineup. If you click on the title of the letter, it will link to the original article I wrote that he refers to. I will add a slight disclaimer (a notorious habit of mine) if you happen to have time and intentions to read it—one may note a bit of feminine ire poking through. But it was, I believe, justifiably felt ire at the time that I wrote it. And apparently, I wasn’t the only one because after it ran, it got a lot of “right ons” from other women who wrote in. It even inspired a guy to write a counter-article, or rather, a guy version of mine.
At any rate, my day was greatly made after reading that this morning. Said letter-writer scores 100 points for that one!
2 comments:
I wonna sen' a shot out to my lil'cousin Shandrika, my girl Tookie, my baby daddy Jaquan, and my fren' Chantell.
Mmm-hmm. (Said in my black girl way.)
Post a Comment